Firstly I would like to thank Brigitta Jesica who writes Roam Terra blog for the nomination. Bloggers like you make the blogging community so valuable because you support and share other bloggers successes. We all know that we can spend a lot of time and effort writing a post, making it the best it can be, to only receive a few views. At the start of my blogging journey this happened to me a lot. It was such a disappointing and demotivating feeling that made me question why I was writing in the first place. However, my blog success improved dramatically when I actually started getting in contact with bloggers such as Andrea at Saving Joyfully
To quickly summarise how the support of other bloggers has helped my viewings, I say that I hit 1000 views on my blog after having it for almost 1 year….3 weeks after I hit that milestone I have managed to get 400 more views!
Okay! Here are the questions I was asked by Brigitta Jesica to answer….
1. Who is the movie character that inspires you most?
Oh this is such a hard one! I don’t think I have actually ever been asked this question before… I would have to say Noah from the Notebook. He never gives up on getting his true love back. If someone is loyal enough to write letters every day for a whole year (without getting a response…because her Mother binned the letters), never fall in love with someone else, build a dream house for their loved one that they planned when they were 17 years old (blue shutters and all) and read their own stories of the life they shared together back to them when they were too ill to remember themselves, that is inspirational.
2. Two favourite things about blogging?
My two favourite things about blogging….
- Like I highlighted earlier the community is extremely supportive of one another which makes it a joy to be part of. As well as increasing my viewings through the community I love reading other people’s blogs in my spare time. Whether it’s about places that I never been before, places I will soon visit or just general lifestyle posts that I can relate to it’s definitely one of my favourite hobbies.
2. I have kept a diary for as long as I can remember so I have always enjoyed writing and reflecting on past experiences. Therefore my travel blog is really just a focused extension of what I would write in my diary to remember the amazing places I have been. Also, I am a MAJOR foodie so I LOVE giving restaurant reviews (especially to hidden gems I find)!
3. What is the best decision you have ever made in life
Wow….from movie characters to the big questions…it’s getting serious! Okay…I am going to be brutally honest. The best decision I have made so far is to cut certain people out my life. Yes I know that seems awful and dramatic but I’ll explain.
What I mean by this is that life is too short to pretend or to be unhappy. So by cutting ties with certain people who have made me repeatedly unhappy with their actions I am a lot happier.
I have learnt that you can’t change people, so it is wasted time wishing that you can. If you are not happy/satisfied with the way someone is treating you, whether it’s in a relationship, friendship or other circumstance it’s better to walk away. It gives you more time to focus on enjoying life, with people you would want have by your side for years to come.
4. Pick an object that in some way resembles you
Hmm… in a former life I was 100% a mermaid so I would have to say a seashell. I love being in the sea…preferably not in 15 degrees weather. However, growing up in Scotland has taught me valuable life lessons, like if you run in quick your body becomes numb and you don’t feel the cold anymore…never mind your legs…win win…..?
5. In which environment do you feel most productive?
9/10 you will see me writing a blog post or essay in my dressing gown in my flat. I tend to work more productively in the morning and with some chilled background music. I use the nights for more research based work like looking for flights and accommodation etc.
6. If you could date anyone, in the entire world who would it be?
Zac Efron obviously
Just kidding…my boyfriend is going to read this post in a few minutes and I can honestly say it would be him!
We kind of just….found each other on a night out and the rest is history!
At the moment we are doing a long distance relationship. We met in Edinburgh when he was doing his half year abroad and now he is back in Germany. Even though we can’t have date night every week or hang out as much as “normal” couples the best feeling in the world is when we get off the plane. We have been in a relationship for 5 months and have visited 8 places together and planning many more adventures!
Cliched I know… but he honestly makes me the best version of myself. He supports my ambitious ideas, encourages my dreams and has learned the difference between a playsuit and a jumpsuit. What more could I ask for…..a teleportation device would be useful….
Wow…. I feel like if you didn’t know me before you definitely know me now!
Thank you once again Brigitta Jesica for my nomination! Please check out her blog at https://roamterra.wordpress.com/!
Here is a list of my favourite bloggers, have fun checking them out!
Now proceeding to the rules!
1. Put the award logo image in your blog.
2. List the rules
3.Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Answer the questions you were asked.
5. Nominate 5-10 people and notify.
6.Ask your nominees any six questions of your choice and one weird or funny (specify)
Here are my questions, have fun answering them!
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time and what are you doing?
- What is one thing you would definitely like to do before you die?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- What is your favourite song lyric?
- What is your dream destination
- What would be your perfect date?